Sunday, June 23, 2013

IPSY ( My Glam) Bag - JUNE 2013

I just received my Ipsy bag this week for the month of June.  Ipsy is a monthly subscription bag that is $10 and comes with 5 deluxe or full sized samples along with a make-up bag.  

The theme was On the Wild Side.


The items I received are as follows:

Psssst! Dry Shampoo (Deluxe Sample) $2.30
NYX Cream Blush in CB11 Boho Chic (Full Size) $6
StarLooks Lip Pencil in K337 Tipsy (Full Size) $12
J. Cats Sparkling Cream Palette in SCP107 Suzie (Full Size) $4.49
Cailyn Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in Purple (Full Size) $21
Total Value of bag = $45.79

      I really like the Pssst! Dry Shampoo.  I have used it and it gives the hair a nice clean feeling, good smell and volume. My one complaint about it is that there is a white powder residue and it needs to be thoroughly brushed out of the hair especially if your brunet, like I am.  I will use it on the weekend when I really don't want to spend a ton of time on my hair or when I am just going to the grocery store and am not in the need of getting entirely fixed up. 

      I am not a huge fan of cream blushes.  I feel like they make my foundation muddy and they don't show up well on the face, especially when I end up covering them up with a setting powder.  That being said, I have swatched the NYX blush and found the consistency very nice and creamy.  The blush is not very pigmented and it is a very light color.  It would be great to use if not using any other foundations of face products.  I am not sure if I will use the blush because it is a cream, but one never knows, I might decide to give it a whirl. 

      StarLooks lip pencil is in a neutral shade that would work well on any skin tones.  It matches many of the lip colors I tend to use and has a nice creamy feel.  I am not in the habit of using a lip liner because I use mostly lip balms as opposed to lip sticks.  I will try this out and see if it has nice lasting power when using one of my lip sticks,  From swatching it I really like the way it glides on and the color.

       I am not sure what the appeal is of the  J. Cats Sparkling Cream Palette.  It is glitter in a gel base and feels like rough glitter when gliding it over the skin.  The glitter payoff is huge as when swatching it my hand was covered in glitter.  It might be a nice effect on Halloween or when going out to a club (which I never do).  I went to the website to see what the uses are of this palette and didn't find anything.  I would not use it anywhere near the eyes as the glitter is very chunky and it would not be pleasant to get glitter into the eyes. 

      Lastly in the bag is the Cailyn Gel Eyeliner.  I got it in purple which is not a highly used color in eyeliner.  It is rather dark and I think can be pulled off as the liner on the upper lids of the eyes.  I have this eyeliner in another color and absolutely love it.  The application is very easy and smooth and the staying power is wonderful.  In the top of the container there is an application brush that pulls out making this great packaging.  Out of this entire bag I was most excited to get this gel eyeliner, even if it is in the color purple.  

     The last item in the bag is the bag itself.  I really enjoy getting make-up bags every month and changing them out in my purse.  They are always unique and I find it difficult to find make-up bags in the store and they are usually expensive.  I will either use the make-up bags or I have filled them with gifts and given them away.  It is a nice perk and extra every month on top of the products that are sent.  I hope this was informative and that you try out the Ipsy bag for yourself.  It is inexpensive and comes with many good and innovative brands every month. Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment